In a series of several press releases, Safilo introduced several new collections, including the following:
- The Blue Bay eyewear collection presents new optical frames reportedly characterized by modern, eye-catching shapes, emphasized by new style details and proposed in vibrant colours.
- The new Carrera collection supposedly is dedicated to those who live in the fast lane. The new styles are dedicated to those who follow the message behind the CARRERA campaign.
- TheOxydo collection is said to be for individuals "who portray themselves through the spectacles they weaer."
- The Glamour frames offer lightweight designs, as in the rectangular metal model with embellished rhinestone temples and a metal insert. The colour palette includes soft shades, such as gold/white, peach/tobacco, palladium/grey.
- The acetate Library frames present a quilted effect embellished with rhinestones. The colours too are glamorous with pearlescent white, wisteria/ivory, purple/lilac, pink/fuchsia.
- Seventh Street eyewear are said to be bright and bubbly with youthful shapes and sparkling details.
This collection, which makes colour its dominant trait, reflects the brand's young, trendy character.
- The rectangular acetate optical frames in the Smith Collection are enlivened by dual color swirls and metallic details on the temples.