Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Man United's De Gea Says His Eyes Are Fine

"De Gea, 21, who faced intense criticism after a string of early mistakes at United, came back strongly in the second half the season to firmly establish himself as the club's long-term No. 1," reports ESPN Soccernet.

"Other reports focused on an eye operation that the club had told the 'keeper to undergo. Again, De Gea explains: 'I'm just short-sighted, like loads of people. I wear contact lenses - in fact, I've got new ones - and I can see perfectly well, just like anyone. I don't understand the fuss. I put lenses in and ... perfecto.'

"Now at the Olympics as first-choice for the Spanish squad, De Gea believes that he is over the worst of the criticism. His on-the-pitch performances have improved and he is now acclimatised to life in England, but De Gea insists he never doubted his own ability." Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment