Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Young CL Wearer Almost Loses Vision

“A senior in high school nearly loses her vision after a parasite grew on her contact lens and began eating through her cornea,” reports television station Local 10. “One of Ashley Hyde's eyes was red and throbbing but doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong….Doctors discovered Hyde, 18, had an acanthamoeba infection. Acanthamoeba is a microscopic parasite found in water and soil that can spread through contact lens use, cuts, or skin wounds or by being inhaled into the lungs.” Read more; see video.

No comments:

Post a Comment