- Early Twentieth Century Americans sometimes called sunglasses sun cheaters. Today, the term is shades.
- Sunglasses weren't considered fashion accessories until after the 1940s.
- Nine centuries ago, the Chinese made sunglasses using smoky quartz.
- Sam Foster (yes of Foster Grant) started mass-producing sunglasses in 1929.
- Polarized sunglasses were used in sunglasses as early as 1936.
Saturday, June 28, 2014
National Sunglass Day--Today
"June 27 of each year celebrates National Sunglasses Day," announces National Day Calendar website. The website came up with a variety of facts about sunglasses. Here are a few.