- Made from metal taken from random recyclable items, Element gives scrap such as bottle cans, used factory equipment and washing machines a new lease of life by melting down the metal and using it to create finely crafted metal frames.
- All Element metal frames have a nickel-free finish and the non-toxic, hypoallergenic acetate frames are made from pre-conconsumer recycled material plastics, meaning that the frames are made with care, durability and quality.
- The Element acetate frames are cut from repurposed acetate plastic, which is created by gathering the scraps from previously cut-out frame fronts and temples, sticking by the mantra 'Waste not, want not'.
- Core made from recycled iron
- Interior is 50% recycled blister material
- Exterior is made from recycled plastic bottles.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Glasses Direct Offers Eco-Friendly Eyewear
Glasses Direct has reportedly come out with an eco-friendly line of eyewear called Elements for about $150. The company claims the following: