Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Customer Who Can’t Buy New Frames (It Ain’t Elton)

“Shopping for eyeglasses recently, I found myself wishing I could play the piano and sing like Elton John. That way I could just buy the entire store and avoid making a decision,” writes Mark Rutledge of the Daily Reflector. “When it comes to eyewear fashion, I am the antithesis of Elton John. Both of us have worn prescription glasses for decades, but I’m still on my second pair of frames. A few years ago, Elton told the BBC his collection of eyeglasses was up to about 250,000 pairs. Clearly, one of us has a problem. I think it’s me. One could easily assume that I have a problem making up my mind. I can almost see the nice lady who recently sold me a new pair of frames nodding her head. The lady helped me back in September, when I had my eyes examined and was given a new prescription…. She is the latest in a long line of eyewear technicians in my life, most of whom have seen me give up and have the lenses replaced in my old frames. With renewed determination, I finally went back to the eyewear store last month.” Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment