You can register for OpticalCEU's 2011 Spring Continuing Education Conference at Foxwoods—now. You can do it online at www.opticalceu.com/RegisterNowSpring2011.html. You may call (203-366-5991).
Here's the lineup for the Spring 2011 Conference:
- 8:30 AM: Registration at the MGM Grand Conference Center with complimentary coffee, tea, or decaf.
- 9-10 AM: History of Eyeglasses (1 ABO)
- 10-11 AM: In the Beginning: Embryonic Eye Development (1 NCLE)
- 11-Noon Cosmetics of Contacts (1 NCLE)
- Noon-1 PM: Complimentary Lunch for All Attendees (See the post below for details)
- 1-2 PM: What's Up with Myopia (1 NCLE)
- 2-3 PM: Make Sunwear Important with the New ot the World Sun Lens (1 ABO)
- 3-4 PM: The Boomer Business (1 ABO)
- 4-5 PM: Trends in Fitting Younger Contact Lens Patients (1 NCLE)
The semi-annual event, which has been running for more than a decade and last spring's conference setting attendance records, will have its great line-up of speakers and their excellent multimedia presentations. They will cover a variety of topics regarding vision care, eyewear, and contact lenses, providing opticians and ECPs with as many as seven ABO/NCLE continuing education credits, notes Linda Conlin.
As usual, the economical fee will include free coffee or tea for attendees arriving for the morning sessions. In addition, opticians and ECPs attending a full day of sessions (seven credits), sessions only in the morning (three credits), or sessions only in the afternoon (four credits) can enjoy a complimentary lunch. Here's the menu for OpticalCEUs 2011 Spring Conference for opticians and ECPs:
- Soup and Salads: hearty minestrone soup; crisp iceberg lettuce with pepperoncini peppers, garbanzo beans, chopped tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese served with either a house vinaigrette or buttermilk ranch dressing; tortellini pasta salad.
- Make Your Own Hot Sandwich: Philly cheese steaks with shaved rib-eye beef, melted cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions; honey BBQ pulled pork; eggplant Florentine; all served with fresh Hoagie rolls and seasoned curly fries.
- Desserts: chocolate fudge cake, blueberry lemon meringue cake, mandarin Earl Grey cake, along with coffee and assorted teas.
Course information and registration will be available online by the middle of March 2011. For directions to the resort, follow this link: Directions by car to Foxwoods. For information about the conference, email Linda Conlin at F.E.Enterprises@opticalceu.com.