"The 11 hospitals ranked in Ophthalmology were named among the best for difficult cases and procedures by at least 5 percent of the ophthalmology specialists who responded to U.S. News surveys in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Another 24 hospitals received nominations from one or more physicians. They are listed alphabetically below the ranked hospitals," reports U.S. News & World Report. Here are the top five rankings. For more information, read.
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute-Anne Bates Leach Eye Hospital, Miami;
- Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia;
- Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore;
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston;
- Stein and Doheny Eye Institutes, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles.