Saturday, April 27, 2013

Warby Parker Co-Founder Talks about Eyewear

“I love glasses. It’s a little strange that I’m not wearing them this morning. When I got up to take the train from New York at five this morning, I was fumbling around and thinking, I’m coming down to Philly and I’m gonna keep it real. I don’t wear glasses all the time.” Smart Planet presented a talk given by Neil Blumenthal, co-founder of Warby Parker. “I met an eye doctor who wanted to sell glasses in low-income communities. I thought that this strategy to create jobs to distribute glasses made sense. You’re providing people with the tools to see. Glasses are one of the most poverty-reducing tools on the planet. In terms of international development, 20 percent additional income is incredible. That’s like an extra day of work a week. So I went to factories to see how glasses were made and designed.” Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment