- Have a dilated eye exam.
- Place screens 20 to 26 inches from eyes and a little bit below eye level.
- Use a document holder close enough so eye focus does not change.
- Adjust the screen's text size.
- Reduce glare reflections. Use a glare filter. Dusting screens reduces glare.
- Use an adjustable chair.
- Choose screens that can tilt and swivel. A keyboard that you can adjust is also helpful.
- Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break. Look 20 feet away.
Prevent Blindness also offers a Work Safety module as part of its free program, the Healthy Eyes Educational Series. Each module includes a presentation guide and corresponding PowerPoint presentation on a relevant eye health topics. Fact sheets can be downloaded at any time from the Prevent Blindness website for use as handouts. To find out more about the Healthy Eyes Educational Series or other workplace eye health topics, please call Prevent Blindness at (800) 331-2020 or find out more about taking care of your sight here.