Davis Vision has launched a new platform "to deliver a heightened interactive experience," goes the company's press release. It was a fancy way of saying that it has a web-based tv show. The site, called Davis Vision Television (DVTV), "is an online gateway to enable transparency, accessibility, simplicity and what's trending in eyewear and eye care. The interactive, stand-alone site now offers both members and non-members access to a public portal for exploring the unique integrated business model and services offered by Davis Vision in a user-friendly, easy-to-understand format." It's ironic that simplicity can be expressed so obtusively. Finally the company offers a simple explanation of its benefits, including the following features:
- Virtual frame try-on with a selection of over 1,000 options.
- Educational eye health videos narrated by Dr. Florian M. Safner, OD, Vice President of Professional Services, HVHC, Inc.
- Social media connectivity.
- Visionworks retail location search by zip code.
- DV LookBook magazine showcasing Davis Vision's Exclusive Collection of private label and designer frames, style tips and fashion guide.