Friday, November 21, 2014

HIV/AIDS Drugs to Treat AMD? Laser Surgery Shows Promise

“A landmark study published today in the journal Science by an international group of scientists, led by the laboratory of Dr. Jayakrishna Ambati, professor & vice chair of the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences at the University of Kentucky, reports that HIV/AIDS drugs that have been used for the last 30 years could be repurposed to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD), as well as other inflammatory disorders, because of a previously undiscovered intrinsic and inflammatory activity those drugs possess,” reports Science Daily. “Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) are the most widely used class of anti-HIV drugs. NRTIs are thought to be therapeutic in HIV/AIDS patients because they target the enzyme reverse transcriptase, which is critical for replication of HIV. Previous work from the Ambati lab found that a type of toxic molecule called Alu RNA accumulate in the retina to cause dry AMD; interestingly, Alu RNA and HIV are similar in that they both require reverse transcriptase to fulfill their life cycle.” Read more.

Meanwhile, “a new type of laser treatment has the potential to slow progression of age-related macular degeneration - a major cause of vision loss - without damaging the retina,” notes Medical News Today. “This was the conclusion of a study from the University of Melbourne in Australia, published in The FASEB Journal. Erica Fletcher, an associate professor in Melbourne's Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, and colleagues examined the effectiveness of a new low-impact, low-energy, laser treatment for patients with early age-related macular degeneration (AMD).” Read more.

6 comments:

  1. Thank to dr. okorom for his good work I really believe HIV have cure I was HIV positive over since 1year plus before I come across a comment dr.okorom that he have cure to any disease and virus but when I saw it i have it in mind that he can’t cure HIV I just decided to give a try I contact him that night lucky to me he said yes but I don’t believe him I think it was a scam or some thing like that but I still hold on to see the work of dr.okorom if he is saying the true he ask for different things and some question about me I give him all the detail he needed and I wait to see his reply to my problem after all the things is done he ask me to go for check up I went for hiv test I cant believe I was negative the medicine doctor was surprasie and doctor even ask for dr okorom email which i give to him, he is help people that contact him also he can still help you on your cure thanks dr.okorom for helping me for the cure at this young age if you need help contact him now dr.okoromspellhome@live.com or call +2348127147869

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day everyone my name is blunt james from USA, I have this great opportunity to share this testimony about how I get cure for my HIV, two years ago I was HIV positive so I was suffering from it I was doing one thing or the order to get a cure there was know way for it so I was on my way search on the internet I see a testimony of a young man,speaking about how Dr Aziba help him get a cured for HIV with his herbal medicine I was surprise and I do not believe, I said okay let me try him I contacted him on his email address and he gave me intrusion and I followed it he told me what to do and I do it after 5 days he send me the medicine through DHL and i received it, he told me how to use it and I do it after two weeks he told me that I should go for test I do it and I was afraid then later on the test came out i was so surprise that am HIV negative I was so very happy i could not believe it will work and i we be HIV Negative, now am happy with my family with my two kids. I want to use this opportunity to say this if you have this kind of disease called HIV I want you to contact him on is email (Draziba@outlook.com OR WHATSAPP HIM ON +2349076651593 ) and he can also help you get a cure for HPV disease or any disease with his herbal medicine. all you have to do is to believe him. this is one of the promise i made that i will purblish him to the world. thank you my Dr may God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured my friend of HIV/aids, his name is Dr. Iyabiye. My friend suffered HIV for so long that she lost her job and became stranded financially because of HIV antiretroviral drugs she buys every time. Until 2 months ago when I heard about this doctor and I did contacted him to help my friend, he administered his medication on her and she was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after the treatment. I came here to inform the general public and to safe people from this life threatening & killing disease. Contact: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com (+2348072229413 / +2348158577300)

    ReplyDelete