CooperVision, Inc., is beta-testing a program that enables patients to order replacement contact lenses from any manufacturer via their mobile device, tablet or computer. Through the program, called LensFerry, ABB Optical ships the lenses to the patient’s home, and the prescribing practice receives sales revenue as if ECPs office ordered the lenses for the patient. The service will be part of WebSystem3’s EyeCare Prime suite later this year. The ECP needs to follow four steps:
- In conjunction with selecting and prescribing contacts, the practice enrolls a wearer and verifies the prescription.
- The wearer selects his/her insurance benefits and applicable rebates.
- ABB Optical ships the contact lenses to the wearer’s home or business.
- The ECP also can send the wearer custom-branded email and/or text reorder reminders via LensFerry.
- If a wearer is not immediately interested in placing a lens order following an in-office appointment, LensFerry can send ECP-customized follow-up messages to encourage enrollment and online ordering, build wearer loyalty and maintain relationships.