Sunday, November 10, 2013

How Most of Your Patients See Eyewear

"I have worn glasses for many years and I still am not used to them. They are crutches I wear on my face to see like a normal person, according to a post in the Phoenix Star. "Without my glasses, I am pretty much helpless. Everything looks like an impressionist painting. I sometimes wonder if the great impressionists were inspired by uncorrected myopia. Renoir, Monet, Degas ... if they had worn glasses, if they had received annual reminders, like I get, to visit their optometrist, they might have painted the same flat, uninspired landscapes that everyone else was doing at the time....[G]lasses are pretty much a nuisance. They're always breaking or getting lost or going out of style and they are scandalously expensive. A new pair of glasses always cost just a little less than hiring someone to lead you around. Choosing new frames always is an ordeal. For men, at least, there are only about three basic styles." Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment