- Updates to the Scope and Purpose sections.
- Modifications to definitions, and the addition of "Position of Wear."
- Additions to the optical requirements section, such as clarifying the applied tolerances for compensated lenses.
- Changes to marking guidelines.
- A recommendation for minimum transmittance when driving, providing guidance and harmonizing with ANSI Z80.3 requirements.
- The addition of a reference to orientation of polarization.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
ANSI Revises Z80.1
ANSI has published its 2015 revisions of Standard Z80.1, Prescription Ophthalmic Lenses--Recommendations, reports the Vision Council. The revision, which supersedeses the 2010 Standard, made the following modifications: